Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Best Places to Visit in Mexico

With over 5,000 miles of beaches, warm weather and a rich history, it is no wonder that Mexico is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Personally, I have not been there yet, but many in my family have. I researched this hub to find out where I would like to visit in Mexico. I found that there are actually three different spots in Mexico that most people travel to. I will discuss them below.

Besides the historical sites, there are over 150 museums. I love museums! Mexico is the birthplace of artists Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo. As an art student, I studied both of these artists and I found their work very interesting. I wouldn't mind traveling to Mexico just to see some of this artwork in person.

You might think you have tasted authentic Mexican food, but your taste buds will thank you for showing them the difference, or so I've heard. Tamales, burritos, tacos, and so much more. I do love Taco Bell, but would love to taste real Mexican food.

Architecture in Mexico is one of the major tourist attractions and includes haciendas, cathedrals and other amazing structures. Also the huge Mexican Mayan pyramids would definitely be on my list of things to see. Major settlements were built by the Mayan civilization in this area. I'm sure one of the highlights of visiting Mexico would be touring one of these historical sites.

The Yucatan peninsula is the most popular of the tourist destinations, and encompasses the Riviera Maya, otherwise known as the Caribbean Riviera. It is well known for the Mayan Ruins, white-sand beaches and beach towns. This includes Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Tulum. My son and his wife traveled to Cancun for a week last year and thoroughly enjoyed their experience. 

Second in popularity is the Mexican Riviera. It includes 2,000 miles of beaches between Acapulco and Ensenada. Many cruise liners travel to this region regularly ending up at the Puerto Vallarta area, Cabo San Lucas, and Ixtapa. It is about time we take a cruise instead of flying. So this area could be a definite possibility.

The third most popular area tourists visit in Mexico includes Copper Canyon, Morelia and Mexico City which runs down the center of the country.This land boasts abundant marine and wildlife. There are occasional Mexican craft markets where you can pick up some treasures to take home. I have heard you can find some great bargains at some of the markets. I am sure I would love to go to a market for shopping.

I would love to hear from you if you have traveled to Mexico and what you enjoyed the most.

No comments: