Thursday, January 8, 2009

Recuperating


I am still sore from moving all our worldly possessions to our townhouse. We are definitely not used to going up and down stairs all day long. My thighs ache and my arms ache from carrying things. I am going to get a steroid shot in my hammertoe and bum knee today. Luckily we had a moving company to move the furniture and large boxes otherwise both 'Isi and I would be dead already!! We were just going to move temporarily, but have decided we will probably stay put until we retire in five years!

Reasons to like the new place:
Closer to my new job
I get more exercise on the stairs
We have lots of neighbors (babies, kids, dogs, etc.)
Less to clean
More privacy

Reasons to miss the old place:
We miss the students that stayed with us - very interesting (I think we married off about five couples that met while they were staying at our house!
The Air Conditioning
The playground for our grand kids
Our trees - mango, breadfruit and banana

We are so happy that little Lily Ruth has been able to go home to be with her family in Utah. She has had a couple of surgeries and will have more to come. She is so cute and we are grateful to have her as part of our family. You can read more about her on Meilani and Joel's blog.

School has started again at BYU Hawaii. I am enjoying my new job more and learning the ropes. 'Isi is busy preparing for his many religion classes. Life is good. We are very blessed.

No comments: